Camping & Accommodation
Enjoy a Family Adventure with a Difference with 4WD Camping in Rainbow Beach
We all deserve the opportunity to blow off steam by enjoying a holiday from time to time, but it’s not always easy to decide where to take the family for an exciting getaway. If you want your holiday to be unforgettable, you ought to think outside the box and embark on an adventure atypical to the norm. Instead of heading to a new city or a famous beach that’s flooded with tourists, you might enjoy visiting Rainbow Beach, a beautiful hotspot that’s bursting with adventure. The best way to experience all that Rainbow Beach offers is to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
Camping kits for hire @ $15 per person per day: tent(s), mats, cooker, gas, table and chairs, esky or cool-box, torches, crockery and cutlery. Sleeping bags not included.
Fraser Island Public Camping (permits required)
Fraser Island Private Camping
Fraser Island accommodation
(listed from the most southerly to the most northerly location on the eastern beaches).
- Fraser Island Beach Houses
- Eurong Beach Resort
- Yidney Rocks Beachfront Units
- Sailfish on Fraser
- Fraser Island Retreat
- Kingfisher Bay Resort
There’s no reason to let Rainbow Beach’s challenging terrain put you off a visit when a 4WD vehicle can traverse the area with ease. Plus, almost everybody loves driving around this top destination in a vehicle that guarantees excitement, and you’ll save heaps of cash by renting a 4WD rather than paying for a guided tour. The best rental companies are happy to give you advice regarding where to visit and what to see, and they also provide modern, high-quality four-wheel drive vehicles so that nothing will prevent you from making the most of your time in Rainbow Beach.
At Rainbow Beach Adventure Centre, we’ve provided rental 4WD cars since 1999 because we passionately believe there’s no better way to travel within this fantastic destination. We’re a family-owned business that prides itself on exceptional customer service, and we only provide the very best vehicles so that you can enjoy 4WD camping in Rainbow Beach. Keep reading below to learn about some of the must-see sights while you’re here.
Four Wheel Drive Camping in Rainbow Beach
We know you’ll love driving around Rainbow Beach in your very own 4×4, but you need to know which places to visit to make the most of your holiday. Here are some of the most popular destinations in Rainbow Beach:
- Coloured Sands – A visit to Rainbow Beach isn’t complete without a trip to the Coloured Sands. These cliffs boast many different coloured sands, and they’re accessible via a 2km walk along the wonderful beach.
- Carlo Sandblow – Carlo Sandblow is another natural wonder that’s popular among tourists who visit Rainbow Beach. It’s a 120-metre high dune that offers spectacular views of the blue ocean and sandy shore, which makes it the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Cooloola Wilderness Trail – If you and your family enjoy trekking through untouched lands covered filled with wildlife and trees; you’ll love the Cooloola Wilderness Trail. If you have what it takes, you might be able to traverse the entire 46.2 km track.
Make the Most of Your Visit to Rainbow Beach
We encourage as many people as possible to visit Rainbow Beach to witness all the beauty it offers. The best way to enjoy all its natural sights is to go on a camping trip in a 4WD vehicle. We pride ourselves on the quality of our four-wheel drive fleet, and we’re here to answer any questions you may have and offer advice to help you make the most of your trip.